The Republic of Indonesia is in Southeast Asia and Oceania. An archipelago made up of over 17,500 islands, Indonesia has over 250 million people and is the world's fourth most populous country. The nation's capital city is Jakarta. The country shares land borders with Papua New Guinea, East Timor, and Malaysia. Other neighbouring countries include Singapore, Philippines, Australia, Palau, and the Indian territory of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The Indonesian economy is the world's sixteenth largest by nominal GDP and fifteenth largest by purchasing power parity. The Indonesian archipelago has long been an important trade region. Industry is Indonesia’s largest sector, followed by services and agriculture. Despite its large population and densely populated regions, Indonesia has vast areas of wilderness that support the world's second highest level of biodiversity. The country has abundant natural resources.
49th Floor, Equity Tower, SCBD
Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kav.52
Tel: +62 21 2953 1400
Singapore (Global HQ)
Tel: +65 6510 3900
Date entered: 2012
Key market statistics:
- Terminals: 3 - Kalibaru in Jakarta, Palemberg in South Sumatra and Samarinda in East Kalimantan.
- Storage capacity: 35,100m³
Indonesia is home to abundant natural resources including significant amounts of coal, copper, gold, tin and nickel, which are fuelling the country's growing mining sector and presenting new opportunities for Puma Energy.
In 2012 we purchased 64% of PT Medco Sarana Kalibaru (MSK), the fuel storage and distribution subsidiary of PT Medco Energi Internasional Tbk, and acquired the remaining 36% in 2014.
Our assets in Indonesia include a fuel storage facility, truck loading bays, and distribution capabilities in Kalimantan and Sumatra to serve the mining industry, with a total storage capacity of 35,100 m³.
Outside our office door
Our recommendation for adventure is to head to Pantai Suluban, Bali's surf capital. When you’re there, make sure you try the skewered meat in a peanut Sata. And wherever you go, you can be sure that the coffee will be good. Indonesia is the world’s third largest coffee producer.